The good health of a company also depends on good hygiene!
Working and receiving customers in a healthy environment requires flawless organization, especially during a pandemic. There are rules, protocols and standards to know to clean and disinfect your premises. Adapted to each company and formatted, they constitute the NDP: Cleaning and Disinfection Plan.
– It is obvious that cleanliness is the basis for sharing living and working spaces, and even more so for receiving customers.
– There are also legal obligations. The company is responsible for the working conditions of its employees and in the case of an activity that receives the public, such as a business or a restaurant, it must guarantee the safety of its visitors or customers.
– The first step of the cleaning and disinfection plan consists in getting precise information on the legal obligations related to the sector of activity and the sanitary context.
– As La Palice would say: cleaning consists in eliminating dirt, disinfection in eradicating microbes that are sources of disease (bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeast).
Cleaning must always precede disinfection.
– Where? Define zones
Review and list all the premises of the company and classify them according to their type or destination. For example, in a restaurant, the dining room, the kitchen, the sanitary facilities or the office do not require the same sanitary treatments.
– What? From the list of defined areas, list the type of object and material.
– in an office: glazed wood flooring, laminate table and shelves, electronic equipment (computer with keyboard, mouse, monitor), telephone, frosted metal door handles …
– in a restaurant kitchen: ceramic tiles, metal sink, work surface, refrigerator, mixer, kitchen utensils, …
– Who is responsible? Define who are the responsible persons :
– those who organize the work,
– those who clean and/or disinfect,
– those who check that everything is done according to the rules.
– How do you do it? Cleaning is not so simple, disinfecting even less so.
– Each type of surface and soiling requires a specific procedure with a specific product, tool and method. Cf. Sinner’s circle or TACT (Temperature/Mechanical action/Chemistry/Time of action).
– The destination of the surface also matters. The way certain products are used will differ if they are used for a floor or for a kitchen work surface likely to be in contact with foodstuffs.
– The products used can be harmful. The dangers and precautions of use must be known by the user and the safety data sheets must be kept available.
– Disinfecting products meet standards: EN 1040 standard for a bactericide, EN 1275 standard for a fungicide and/or yeasticide, EN 14476 standard for a virucide (especially the COVID-19 virus).
– When to use? Frequency and time of day
Should the cleaning be weekly ? daily ? … , after the working or service day for a restaurant ? …
– Note that a restaurant is subject to the HACCP regulation (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) in French ARMPC (Analyse des Risques et de Maîtrise des Points Critiques according to the European regulation) which is a method of control of food safety.
These cleaning and disinfection operations form a complex whole that it is important to master.
– Professionals can help you build your cleaning and disinfection plan. It is a key document for your company.
– It will be used to train and inform each actor of the cleanliness then as a guide to trace the work and ensure its proper implementation.
In the case of a restaurant, the cleaning and disinfection plan will certainly be requested during the controls of the DDPP (Direction Départementale de la Protection des Populations) whose mission is the quality and safety of food.
In spite of the numerous elements that make up the Cleaning and Disinfection Plan, it is important to keep in mind that it must be accessible both literally and figuratively. Nothing will be worse than an NDP that is not accepted, used or even understood. It is essential to accompany it with education.
A good cleaning and disinfection plan, well followed, will be an asset in your quality approach.